Top 10 spots in Mumbai for Photography
Mumbai which is also called “City of Dreams”
You wont find Historic places as other cities do but here in Mumbai You’ll find everything from beaches to Bollywood.
From the Slums to the sky scrappers, from the Bazaars to the Malls. Mumbai is just an amazing city packed full of Awesome places to visit.
So we went off to the streets, Galli, Nukad of Mumbai city to bring you the Top 10 places in Mumbai to do Photography.
1) Gateway of India: To start of with South Mumbai.Mumbai’s most recognized monument, the Gateway of India.
You will see a lot of Tourist or locals hanging out near Gateway of India. And 85% of the crowd must be with thier Cameras just clicking around.
What to shoot here?
Gateway of India, You can go wide and click Panorama picture of Taj Hotel(Both old and New one).
You can take a boat ride and I am sure when you will look at the city you will see Mesmerizing Beuty of Mumbai city.
You can again go wide and click Panorama of Gateway of India, Taj and the Sky scrappers.
Also if you dont have camera with you to take pictures then you can see few people who are the amazing Photographers of this place.These Photographers will give you instant Photographs and will charge you Rs 25/ per picture (clicking and Printing cost)
Best time to Visit: Evening time
2) Chor Bazar: Mumbai is full of interesting places For street shopping.
one of which is Mumbai’s “Chor Bazar” Which was earlier called as “Shor Bazar”
Chor Bazar means “”thieves market”" This is the most amazing Bazaar place i would suggest for Photography.
It’s located on Mutton Street, in the busy market area between S V Patel and Moulana Shaukat Ali Roads,
near Mohammad Ali Road in south Mumbai. The closest local railway station is Grant Road.
What to Shoot here?
You will find lots of subjects around you.
Now it depends on you how you use your creativity and knowledge to get the best shot.
Chor Bazar famous for antique and vintage items.
You can also Visit few other Bazaar places in Mumbai like Colaba Market, Crawford Market, Linking road (Bandra),
Dadar Flower and Vegetable Market, Fashion street (churchgate)
Best time to visit: afternoon when we have Harsh Lights.
3) Mahalaxmi Temple and Haji Ali: These Two place agaian are the favorite spots for the tourists and the Photographers because of its location. The Temple and the Mosque is visited by many pilgrims everyday.
What to shoot here?
Mahalaxmi temple and the area besides it (Photography in Temple is not allowed) Haji Ali is both a Mosque and a tomb. During sunsets you can get the amazing pictures.
Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat which is world wide famous and an open air Laundry, Mahalaxmi Race Course, and at 10 minutes walk from Haji Ali is Nehru Planatoruim.
Best time to go: afternoon and evening
4) Beaches in Mumbai: Over thousands of Mumbaikars and tourist together visit the beaches in Mumbai.
The Fresh air and the clean beach is what we need to just forget all our worries and relax with the locals on the beaches of Juhu and Marine Drive. Best place to relax and watch the sunset.
What to shoot here?
Beautiful sunsets with mesmerizing sky colours, People, Food stalls, after the sunsets you get an nice look of Queens Necklace from Chowpatty. Near Juhu Beach you can take pictures of sunsets, poeple, Vendors, Can also visit Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple which is just walking distance from juhu beach.
Best time to visit: Evening
5) Heritage Buildings and Sky scrappers: Buildings and Architecture are agian favorite subjects for photographers.Mumbai has few amazing heritage buildings all around.
what to shoot?
You can start of with Victoria Terminus Railway station, Prince of Wales Museum near Kala ghoda, Bombay high Court, Taj Mahal Hotel near Gateway of India, Bombay Police Headquarters,
Best time to shoot: Mid day when we have harsh lights.
6) Mahim Koliwada: Mahim Koliwada is not known by many people in Mumbai. Again a beach area of Mumbai’s fisher Man. From Mahim Koliwada you will get the amazing look of Bandra-worli sea Link.
What to shoot?
you can reach thisplace early in the morning to get the pictures of fishermans while they return from their regular routine of fishing. shoot fishing boats, fishermans doing their after fishing work, taking the background as Sealink.
shoot the Golden waters during sunsets with Sealink.
When to shoot: Morning or Sunsets.
7) Bandra Bandstand Fort: This is the most famous place amongst the Youngsters, Family Members and Couples.
You can see many Groups and couples spending their evening enjoying the breeze with the Lovely Sunset.
At this place I Personally Prefer taking pictures of the couples (Kidding).
what to Shoot?
People, Beautiful Sunsets, Bandra-worli sealink,Bandra fort(Special visit during concerts).
When to shoot: Again morning or evening.
8) Sanjay Gandhi National Park: Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Borivali National Park is a unique wildlife park situated within the city limits of Mumbai. During Pre-independence period it was known as Krishnagiri Park. Entry to this park is just Rs20/-
The park enriched with varieties of flora and fauna attracts lots of tourists all through the year.
What to shoot?
flora and fauna, The 2400 years old Kanheri caves, carved out of rocky mounts, dense green forests and the abundance of wild life. I personally Prefer Monsoons to visit this place.
When to shoot: any time you wish to.
9) Railway Stations and Malls: Mall mania has hit Mumbai in recent years, with new malls popping up all over the city. Most malls are more than just shopping destinations.
They’ve got huge food, gaming, and entertainment zones as well, offering fun for the whole family
Famous Malls in mumbai: High Street Phoenix mall, Atria millenium Mall, Inorbit Mall, Oberoi Mall, Infiniti Mall
Nice place to shoot and hang around.
Railway stations in Mumbai (Western, Central and Harbour Lines) are really crowded all times.
all time Favorite place to shoot locals.
10) Mumbai Local Streets: You will agree with me that Mumbai Local streets are the best places to get the Pictures of all types.
From people, shops, vendors, animals, trees, markets, temples, buildings to all local things we get all things.